Former school teacher, autonomista, trying to figure out where and what kind of actions to take to make this world a more just place. And not drink too much beer. And have some fun and get down and get funky once in a while. And eat popsicles. And fruit. And ride her bike.

11.14.2006

Swashbuckling

I got nothin' to say. I am playing hooky from capoeira (what else is new?) in order to "work" on my capstone (thesis). As you can tell, I'm working very very very hard. I went to Tex-ass this weekend. There were some highlights: sunshine, got to see fun friends, Shiner Bock (cheap and not bad) and some lowlights: veteran's day in a town with forty zillion military bases, the alamo, having to drive everywhere. Can we have a moment of fashion silence for army issue glasses. What a horror. I actually just read they're called BCG- birth control glasses. Dear me. I also got over-coupled. I love my friends dearly but they're just so damn in love and I try SO hard to just glory in the glow of it all, but frankly I want me some too. I have these sorry little danglies here and there, like the Bulgarian guy at the printer who my boss is sending emails to telling him I'm single and various emails with randoms but it's all so depressing. Where is the political justice to romance? It seems all amorphous and when you don't want it it's there and when you are looking it's nowhere to be found. I don't even let myself crush out like I used to- and that was fun. Goodness, I'm a downer. Computer dating? People do it. I've made three actual friends from the computer. Not so much stigma, just a lot of effort. And those perky little profiles. Which can be pretty funny.... sigh. And I need to get back to work. Before I start getting computer-eyes, also known as lazy ass-ness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home